Sunday, July 26, 2009

Get Lucky!

1:32am

It's been a loooong day. I've had the pleasure of attending the San Diego Comic Con 2009...for the last 17hrs straight. Had to have my "game face" on all day. Met some really great people and walked the hall literally dozens of times amidst THOUSANDS of fans.

But there were two bright spots:
I had the pleasure of showing a friend of mine around the Con. This was her first time attending which I think is a big deal since she's not the typical fan, but curious enough to check it out.

Brave soul, indeed.

We got off to a rough start with an issue with security, but recovered and took in the sights @ the Con. I always enjoy that first step onto the Con floor with someone who hasn't seen "The Show." Even for me, walking through those doors and seeing how colorful, diverse, and immense the Con is, is pretty cool. It's an exciting moment. I hope she enjoyed the Con as much as I enjoyed showing her around.

The 2nd joy occured @ the end of a very long evening attending lines, mtgs., receptions, and parties. I collected enough business cards to play poker. But @ the end of it all, I had a chance to relax with some good friends over drinks @ Lucky D's. Not only is it a great local bar, but hostel as well appealing to backpackers and world travelers. You couldn't have picked a better spot than San Diego!

D's is on Market & 8th in San Diego. It may be a bit of a stretch from the Gaslamp crowd, but well worth the jaunt. D's has a great relaxed atmosphere and friendly service. They pour a good cocktail too. I recommend you try D's and you'll get Lucky.

A good end to a long night.

On with the show,
RedJester

No comments:

Post a Comment